Senior Logistics Coordinator / OTR
Location : Head office, Blainville
Department: Over the road
As a key player in the development and future of the company, this position requires you to do more than just move freight. With your knowledge of the transportation industry, you will provide clients with personalized, innovative services and solutions helping them improve their supply chain management.
- Act as the company's ambassador.
- Answer customers' phones and emails ASAP.
- Advise and inform clients about the different services and options available.
- Assist clients to determine all their needs for services and equipment;
- Data entry.
- Coordinate available equipment and goods to be shipped.
- Negotiate transport prices.
- Distribute and track equipment in transit or stationary, based on written schedules, customer requests, or as required by an emergency.
- Prioritize shipments according to urgency and/or importance.
- Obtain information on the picking and delivery environment of each shipment.
- Find solutions to the various logistical problems that may arise before and during the movement of goods.
- Use various databases to coordinate shipments.
- Create quotes for shipments.
- Data updates.
- Act as a link between the clients and the different teams of the company.
- Ensure that customer requirements are met in the service offering.
- Track shipments to suppliers and customers.
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents for crossing customs during cross-border movements;
- Management of complaints from customers;
- Complete all the registers required by the client agreements.
- Any other related tasks.
- ACS, DCS or BAC in transport logistics or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the transport sector (similar position).
- Bilingual (French and English)- spoken and written.
- Excellent Knowledge of transportation requirements is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong ability to multitask in a very fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to provide proactive solutions.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Team player.
- Problem solver.
- Positive leader.