Location : Head office, Blainville
As a key player in the development and future of the company, the Logistics Coordinator- Bulk Department offers solutions targeting capacity issues and equipment availability, principal challenges supply chain managers face in the bulk transportation industry.
- Determine the most cost-efficient method of moving freight and the appropriate equipment to use.
- Booking the shipment with the service providers.
- Knowledge of fuel and bulk commodities is an asset.
- Receive, review, and process relative documentation according to established procedures and customs regulations.
- Maintain communication and information between shippers, customers and vendors to ensure customers' needs are being met.
- Address customer concerns, trouble shooting, providing timely feedback and follow up on each milestone.
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Create POs in internal accounting system.
- Prepare and maintain various files and reports up to date.
- File freight claims for any damages or shortages.
- Follow up on payments.
- 3 years of experience in the Freight Forwarding Market; Bulk experience is a strong asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems.
- General Knowledge of Freight Forwarder/Trucking industry including Inco-terms.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, requiring initiative and able to work independently.
- Capable of handling confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Good communication and organization skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- Knowledge in Global Trade Regulations, Compliance Laws, and Customs/Duties.
- Must work well in a team setting.
- Bilingual French and English written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods is an asset.
*Please note: Local candidates only. There is no relocation or immigration assistance associated with this opening.