Logistics Coordinator / OTR
Location : Head office, Blainville
Department: Over the road
As a key player in the development and future of the company, this position requires you to do more than just move freight. With your knowledge of the transportation industry, you will provide clients with personalized, innovative services and solutions helping them improve their supply chain management.
- Inform and advise clients on available services and options;
- Help the client determine their needs in terms of services and equipment;
- Create purchase orders ;
- Update database;
- Coordinate available equipment and merchandise;
- Allocate and follow-up on available equipment (in transit or stationary) based on schedules, client demands or emergency situations;
- Prioritize expeditions based on emergency and importance;
- Update ongoing expeditions;
- Expedition follow ups with suppliers and clients;
- Make appointments with transporters;
- Manage customs documentation for border crossings;
- Manage client complaints;
- All other related tasks.
- AEC or DEC in transport logistics or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in similar position.
- Knowledge of transportation requirements is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong ability to multitask in a very fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to provide proactive solutions.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Team player.
- Bilingual (French and English)- spoken and written.
- Shows initiative.