Air Import / Export Coordinator
Location : Head office, Blainville
Department: International Division- Air Department
Immediate Supervisor: International Vice President
The Air Import /Export coordinator is a key player in the development and future of the company. This position requires you to do more than just move freight. With your knowledge of the transportation industry, you will provide clients with personalized, innovative services and solutions helping them improve their supply chain management.
- Booking Import / Export shipments with airlines / service providers;
- Coordination with import brokers and issuance of arrival notices;
- Receive, review, and process import / export documentation according to established procedures and customs regulations;
- Determine the most cost-efficient method of moving freight;
- Arrange bookings; coordinate freight movement from airport to destination; including pick up, storage, and delivery;
- Maintain communication and information between overseas shippers, customers and vendors to ensure customers' needs are being met by addressing customer concerns, trouble shooting, providing timely feedback and follow up on escalations;
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy;
- Create POs in internal accounting system, prepare and maintain files and reports;
- File freight claims for any damages or shortages;
- Payments follow-up;
- Provide shipment status and notify customers of any schedule changes.
- 3 years of experience preferred in the Air Freight Forwarding Market.
- Bachelor's Degree in Transport Logistics or associated field.
- CIFFA or ACP designation an asset.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems.
- General Knowledge of Freight Forwarder/NVOCC industry including Inco-terms.
- Strong ability to multitask in a very fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to provide proactive solutions.
- Good communication and organization skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- Knowledge in Global Trade Regulations, Compliance Laws, and Customs/Duties.
- Team player.
- Bilingual (French-English)- spoken and written.
- Must pass a security background check.
*Please note: Local candidates only. There is no relocation or immigration assistance associated with this opening.