Following are the procedures for filing a claim for all lost or damaged goods.
- A notice of intent to claim must be filled within 30 days of occurrence. This must be filed by the company or individuals who are paying the transportation charges.
- Claimant must send a file containing the following information within 60 days of delivery date.
- Claim Form
- Signed POD with description of damage and/or missing items (note of damage and/or missing items must also be signed on driver’s copy).
- Copy of commercial invoice.
- Proof of payment of transportation charges.
- Any other documentation pertaining to said claim.
- In case of damaged materials, a written estimate of cost of repairs or unsalvageable portion must be filed with the claim. No repairs must be done before merchandise has been inspected by us or our representative unless a written authorization has been given by a Synergie Canada representative.
- Merchandise must not be disposed of as long as claim is pending as we may need to have it inspected.
- Once complete file has been received, an investigation will be opened by our OS&D specialist.
- By law, transporters maximum coverage is $2 per lb, unless other prior arrangement was taken with the carrier. This information must show on the BOL as a Declared Value. Fees pertaining to Declared Value must be paid in full prior claim.
- Payment for freight charges must be made before your claim can be processed.
- Please note that once a claim has been paid, property of merchandise is transferred to carrier. Merchandise must be available for pick-up.
NO CLAIM MAY BE FILED WITHOUT PROOF OF PAYMENT OF TRANSPORTATION CHARGES. IF TRANSPORTATION CHARGES ARE NOT PAID, CLAIM REQUEST WILL BE CONSIDERED NULL AND VOID.
Download the claim application form